Wine lovers are a special kind of people that recognize just how unique wines actually are. You need not be an experienced wine collector in order to savor having this delectable drink.
If you wish to maximize your wine experience it’s suggested that you teach yourself everything relating to wine and this includes terms used when discussing wines. All wine aficionados or Oenophilia as one refers to them, should find out all that they possibly can about their preferred choice of wine.
The following is a brief list of terms to familiarize yourself with wines and their descriptions.
• Body – When you refer to the body of a wine you are describing how the wine tastes when you sip it and retain it in the mouth. One particular way to portray it is by declaring that it feels light or heavy.
• Aroma – Aroma or bouquet as some people prefer to call it refers to the smell of a wine. You will observe wine samplers sniffing the wine prior to tasting it. In so doing they’ll be capable of getting a whiff of the fruit, spices, and other ingredients that are used in wine production. The reason for twirling the wine glass is because it adds to the wine aroma, permitting you to obtain the full effect of the smell. Relishing the wine smell is a major part of savoring all that a wine holds for you.
• Color – The wine color is an extremely crucial factor that permits you to get an impression of the wine quality prior to even smelling or tasting it. When you observe a wine that possesses a whitish or a transparent yellow or red tinge, then you’re viewing a wine that hasn’t yet aged properly. The well-aged wines have a gold or darker red hue.
• Alcohol – The alcohol refers to the alcohol percentage in a wine when sugar obtained from grapes is fermented in the course of the wine manufacturing process. Red wines vary between 11%-14% alcohol while the white wines vary between 9%-14%.
• Acidity – The acidity present in wine refers to the level of sharpness present in wine and it’s a natural wine component.
• Barrel – The barrel simply refers to the little wooden barrel that’s used for the maturing and fermenting of particular wines. These barrels are crafted from the wood of oak trees.
These are just some of the terms linked to wine but it’s sufficient to provide you an impression of how having this kind of information is useful for someone that is fond of wines.
One of the principal gains you can derive by possessing this information pertaining to wines is that it’ll permit you to select your wines better. You’ll be able to view a wine and determine whether it’s something that you’d love to have.